We at the Public Health Garden wanted to say THANK YOU! to everyone who stopped by to visit with us on Maryland Day (Sat) and Goats and Gardens (Sun-Tues). It was an amazing adventure! We are thrilled that we were able to share with all of you our vision for the Public Health Garden and talk to you about gardening, food, agriculture, goats, and our community.
Special thank you's need to go out to:
- IAA: For supporting our vision of using goats to clear the vegetation and helping get all our plants grown in the greenhouse
- IACUC: For approving our use of goats on campus (especially Amanda Underwood, the IACUC Manager, and Doug Powell, UMD's Attending Vet)
- UMD Department of Public Safety: For watching the goats in the middle of the night
- GSG and Office of Sustainability: For funding the goats and pizza party
- Eco-Goats: Brian Knox and our 31 new friends did an amazing job getting our site ready for planting
- The Diamondback: For covering our story (see it here)
The list can go on and on, but we'll stop there for now. Most importantly, we just want to thank everyone for stopping by and taking an interest in our project and the goats! It was wonderful to see our community coming together to rally around such a fun, productive, and eco-friendly activity. Now, it is time to get planting.