Sunday, January 22, 2012

Starting the Semester and Introducting Natural Allie

Classes start on Thursday!  We are thrilled and ready for the spring semester.  There is much to plan for the spring -- construction, planting, activities and fun!  Please check out the facebook poll to tell us when you are available for open work hours. Right now, it looks like we might be sticking with Mon and Thurs evenings -- but lets us know what you think. Also, if you are interested in taking classes in the garden through the Institute of Applied Agriculture, contact Professor Ellen Polishuk at epolishu@umd.edu
We are happy to introduce a new member of the blog team: Natural Allie.  She will be sharing with us information about the benefits of holistic oral health and overall natural well-being.


Allie's bio: My name is Allison Brooks and I am a recent graduate of the University of Mississippi. I earned my B.S. in Biomedical Anthropology and have continued my research to work towards a completed ethnography. I mainly focus on the effects of biomedicalization on different cultures, but I do branch off into other fields of anthropology. This is why I  LOVE to talk about the benefits of certain natural herbs and plants in the treatment/prevention of certain ailments.

Are you interested in getting more involved?  Please let us know by contacting us at publichealthgarden@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment